Rental Rules and Regulations
Thank you for choosing Three Palms Vacation Rentals and one of our wonderful vacation properties during your visit to our area. We strive on behalf of our Property Owners and our Guests to make your vacation a special experience. Upon entering the property you will find sundry items to get you started and to say “ Thank you for coming and for your business”. We strive to make certain your stay is just as you imagined and hopefully a little more than you have experienced other places and through other companies. We have tried to include some information on local attractions, restaurants, activities and more in your Welcome Package. Do not hesitate to contact us during our regular office hours, Monday – Friday between 8:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M CST at 251-980-7256 if you need some “local” advice or assistance. We are pleased you have chosen to visit our beautiful island and are confident your stay will be a memorable and enjoyable one.
Below you will find the rules and regulations for our guests to insure our properties, our guests and future guests receive the best service possible.
- June 01 to Labor Day CHECK-IN TIME IS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 4:00 P.M. TO 5:00 P.M. CST AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10:00 A.M. CST. Check-in after 5:00 P.M. CST must be arranged in advance.
- Where to find us: Our office is located at 24566 Perdido Beach Blvd. in Orange Beach, Alabama. We are west of the Winn Dixie shopping center across from Bubba’s Seafood and Adventure Island. We are on the beach side between Tradewinds Condominium and the Seaside Beach & Racquet Club.
- All units are NON SMOKING.
- Pets are not permitted in rental properties under ANY circumstances. A $ 250.00 fee for steam cleaning will to be added to your card if we find that you have brought a pet to any of the units as well as loss of unit if you have to be evicted.
- Three Palms Vacation Rentals will not rent to vacationing students or singles under the age of 25 unless ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT GUARDIAN OR PARENT. NO FRATERNITIES, SORORITIES OR HOUSE PARTIES WILL BE PERMITTED.
- RESERVATION – Your credit card will be on file and shall serve as protection against damage. Guests will incur no damage expense provided the following provisions are met:
- No damage is done to the unit, property or the contents beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents, fees or services rendered during the guest’s stay.
- All keys are returned on departure to the Three Palms Vacation Rentals office. LOST KEYS OR KEYS NOT RETURNED will be charged to your credit card on file at a rate of $ 25.00 per key.**LOCK OUTS after hours or service calls to access a guest to a property after check-in will be $ 50.00 cash per occurrence paid on site, during holidays it is $ 75.00.
- All charges incurred for and during the guest’s stay are paid on or prior to departure.
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- The guests are not evicted by the Owner, the Owner’s representative, the local law enforcement or security company for the property or unit’s Condominium Association.
- In the event of any damage caused, misuse, abuse, loss or theft, the guest will be held liable and their credit card will be charged an additional amount to compensate the owner for their loss(es). Guests may be liable for additional charges and/or prosecution dependent on the nature of the incident. If upon check-in you find any damage or items in disrepair please contact Three Palms at 251-980-7256 immediately to report it.
- If we are called about a maintenance issue and the service was not needed as determined by the licensed technician, then the service call fee will be charged to the guest card on file.
- After departure if Three Palms is called to return to your rental unit to find and sent to you any articles left behind, there will be a $ 25.00 service charge plus the cost of the mailing expense.
- An advance payment of $ 200.00 is required at booking a condo and $ 500.00 for a house to confirm your reservation. The advance payment will be applied toward the property rental unpaid balance. PLEASE MAKE PAYMENTS IN THE FORM OF CREDIT CARD, (we accept VISA, MASTERCARD AND DISCOVER), MONEY ORDER, CASHIER’S CHECK, TRAVELER’S CHECK, PERSONAL CHECK MADE TO THREE PALMS VACATION RENTALS (IF RECEIVED 30 DAYS OR MORE PRIOR TO CHECK-IN) . The advance payment is NOT a damage deposit.The BALANCE OF THE RENTAL FEE IS DUE NOT LATER THAN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM YOUR ARRIVAL DATE FOR CONDOMINIUMS AND NOT LATER THAN SIXTY (60) DAYS FOR HOUSES AND SIXTY (60) DAYS FOR MONTHLY RENTALS FOR THE FIRST MONTH. “Rates are subject to change until your reservation is paid in full.”
- At time of booking you will be offered Trip Interruption Insurance from Red Sky insurance Company it is 6.95% of your total cost that will cover your refund of paid funds in case of illness or weather related interruptions to your stay. If you deny coverage at booking, it can be put in before your final payment is made 30 or 60 days before arrival. If you do not have the insurance policy on your reservation then there will be no refunds.If your reservation does not currently include vacation insurance to cover you in the event of unforeseen circumstances requiring cancellation or having to come home early you may want to consider this now. The season of potential storm weather is upon us. Once a hurricane is named it will be too late to add the trip insurance. The Sun Trip Preserver offered through Red Sky Insurance can cover your vacation investment if you have to cancel or interrupt your trip because of severe weather, family illness, medical emergencies and other unexpected incidents. The cost is 6.95% of your total rental stay.To qualify for the Pre Existing Condition Waiver portion of this policy, travel insurance must be purchased within 21 days of your initial deposit.If you would like to add this coverage you may do so now or with your final payment. Please call us today and we will add it to your reservation
- CANCELLATIONS – Advanced notice as detailed in the following, is required for cancellation of confirmed reservations. Cancellations that are made more than THIRTY (30) DAYS FOR CONDOMINIUMS or more than SIXTY (60) DAYS FOR A HOUSE prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty and all deposits shall be refunded (less the $45.00 non-refundable processing fee if paid with cash, $ 50.00 if you charged your deposit) Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay that are made within THIRTY (30) DAYS FOR CONDOMINIUMS or within Sixty (60) DAYS FOR A HOUSE of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment reservation deposit including taxes and fees. MONTHLY rentals guests must cancel or make changes that result in a shortened stay not later than SIXTY (60) DAYS prior to check in/arrival date. Cancellations or changes to MONTHLY rentals that result in a shortened stay that are made within SIXTY (60) days of the check-in/arrival date forfeit the full advance payment.
Cancellations or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. NO SHOWS will result in 100% forfeiture of any prepayment received.
- Upon cancellation you will receive a Cancellation Confirmation Number. DO NOT only send a letter, email or leave a message and assume your reservation has been cancelled. BE CERTAIN you receive a Cancellation Confirmation from Three Palms to insure your reservation is cancelled and your refund will be processed accordingly.
- MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS – Monthly guests must cancel sixty (60) days prior to check-in/arrival date. Monthly guests who make a change that results in a shortened stay must notify Three Palms not later than sixty (60) days prior to check-in/arrival.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests per property is noted in each property description. This number is strictly enforced in order to prevent unnecessary wear and tear on the property and to insure a comfortable stay for our guests. Following are maximum guest occupancy, unless otherwise noted in the property description:
- Efficiency units: Maximum of 2 guests
- 1 Bedroom: Maximum of 4 guests (Note: some may sleep 6, see “property description”)
- 2 bedroom: Maximum of 6 guests
- 3 bedroom: Maximum of 6-8 guests
- 4 bedroom: Maximum of 8-10 guests
- Homes: based upon accommodations the maximum occupancy shall be noted in the “property description”. MINIMUM STAYS – Minimum stay periods will be noted in property description and vary based upon season. One (1) week minimums will be typical for peak summer and holiday periods.
- INCLUSIVE FEES: A one- time cleaning and departure fee was added to your quoted rate. Any property amenities noted in property description would be included in the rental fee. Washers and dryers are available in all units unless specified in the “property description”. A “starter” laundry detergent is provided. LOCAL CALLS are FREE. Long distance calls must be made collect, via credit card or calling card. Most long distance providers will charge a nominal access fee. Some properties are equipped with internet service. Check the “Property Description” and details to determine if this service is available in your selected property. Dial up service, and in most cases wireless service, can be arranged through a local internet service provider for a fee. We will be happy to provide you with the information at your request. Many locations in town offer WiFi as an alternative.
- Baby items such as high chairs, cribs and baby beds are not provided unless, otherwise note in the “Property Description” and details. We can provide you the name local businesses that rent such items and will deliver and pick up from your property. In most cases sheets for the baby beds and cribs are not provided so we suggest you bring them along.
- NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – Linens and bath towels are included in the property to accommodate the maximum number of occupants. Daily maid service and additional sundries are not included. We suggest you BRING BEACH TOWELS as we would ask no linens or towels be removed from the property (*lost or damaged towels and linens will be charged to rental guest’s credit card upon departure.
- ALABAMA FIRE CODE PREVENTS THE USAGE OF CHARCOAL OR PROPANE GAS GRILLS ON ANY BALCONIES OR PATIOS. FIREWORKS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AT ALL PROPERTIES.
- RATE CHANGES – Rates are subject to change without notice, however, all paid in full bookings will be honored at quoted rate at time of reservation.
- FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation made or obtained under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental monies received, and the party will be denied check-in and access to the property.
- The person who made the reservation and has their name on the contract is the person who must be occupying the unit during the time of the rental agreement.
- WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – It is our goal for your stay and experience with us to be perfect and we will make every effort to insure that happens. We realize unexpected and/or uncontrollable things do occur, therefore, any exceptions to the above mentioned policies may be considered and must be approved in writing in advance.
- PROPERTY DEPOSIT WAIVER FEE -In lieu of a standard security deposit Three Palms charges a Property Deposit Waiver Fee. This fee will pay for accidental damages only to the property when reported by the Registered Guest. Tenant/Guest is still liable for the repairs of intentional, negligent or wonton damage.
- REFUNDS – Refunds will only be issued for cancellations occurring outside of the detailed cancellation date ranges.
NO REFUNDS are issued for cancellations or early departures for weather, Acts of God or personal circumstances inside the cancellation date ranges. Guests may qualify for a full refund through a travel insurance policy issued by Red Sky Travel Protection.
PARKING PASSES – Each Condominium Association has rules and restrictions regulating the number of cars/parking passes allowable per reservation. Note: We unfortunately cannot guarantee available parking space during peak weekends or holidays. There is also a fee for the passes charged to the Guest and is noted in your total quoted reservation price.Parking passes are provided with your check- in package. Only two (2) passes are allowed per property, unless otherwise specified for certain properties or during special holidays or events. Guests must display the parking pass on the rear-view mirror or on the dash board of their vehicle at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of the vehicle by the Association or Association’s security at the guest’s expense. Please leave the parking passes with the keys in the key return box at the Three Palms Real Estate office upon departure. The drop box is available at the office for your quick convenience.
Houses do not require parking passes though some properties may lie within neighborhoods requiring a special pass or gate code which we will provide in your check-in package.
Prohibitions and Limitations-Boats, trailers, campers, jet skis and recreational vehicles are prohibited in most condominiums. There are exceptions with some waterfront properties offering limited boat, RV or trailer parking. Please check the description of the property or contact us for more information regarding specific properties with this amenity. We will also assist you in locating parking for your boat or trailer if you let us know in advance.
- . It is our goal to maintain each property we manage in top physical and mechanical condition. We will make every effort to insure your stay is enjoyable and more than you expected, however, we cannot make any guarantees to the mechanical failure of appliances, HVAC, televisions, audio equipment, etc. We will work diligently to correct the problem if one does arise, though there will be NO REFUNDS OR DISCOUNTS MADE FOR MECHANICAL FAILURES.
In this market at any given time a property may be listed for sale. From time to time during your stay it MAY be necessary for the property to be shown to prospective purchasers. We will notify you in advance of the “FOR SALE” status of the property and make every effort to schedule any showing at your convenience. No prospects will be granted access during you stay without a licensed Alabama Real Estate agent accompanying them.
- GUESTS ACKNOWLEDGE THEY ARE BOUND BY AND MUST OBEY ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR EACH PROPERTY AND ASSOCIATION.
- RENTERS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROPERTY OWNER AND THREE PALMS VACATION RENTALS , THE AGENT, OF ANY INJURY, ANY DAMAGES TO THE PREMISES OR PERSONAL PROPERTY RESULTING DURING THE RENTER’S OCCUPANCY OF THE PROPERTY. IF DAMAGE DOES OCCUR DURING THE TERM OF THE RENTER’S OCCUPANCY, THE REGISTERED GUEST WILL BE LIABLE FOR SAID DAMAGE(S) AND ALL COSTS FOR SUCH DAMAGE(S) WILL BE CHARGED TO THE GUEST’S CREDIT CARD ON FILE. THE PROPERTY OWNER NOR THREE PALMS VACATION RENTALS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, ACCIDENTS, LOSS OR THEFT THAT MAY OCCUR DURING THE RENTER’S OCCUPANCY OF THE PROPERTY.
All keys are returned on departure to the Three Palms Vacation Rental office. LOST KEYS OR KEYS NOT RETURNED will be charged to your credit card on file at a rate of $ 25.00 per key.
VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE
Welcome! We are pleased to have you as our guest, and we are committed to providing an outstanding vacation experience.
- If you discover any damage at the property at the time of check-in, it is important that you notify Three Palms within 3 hours of your check in time.
- You purchased Vacation Rental Damage coverage, report any damage that might occur during your stay, (don’t be afraid to report the damage-that is why you have the damage fee)
- If you find any housekeeping issues that need to be addressed, please call the office immediately so we can send housekeeping back. Don’t wait to inform us upon your departure. You must give us a chance to fix any problems.
At check-in you will sign a letter like this one below that you acknowledge and agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RENTAL CONFIRMATION NOTES THE DATE OF YOUR CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT. AT 10:00 A.M. ON THE DATE OF CHECK-OUT YOUR RENTAL AGREEMENT’S TERM SHALL BE DEEMED TERMINATED AND IT IS REQUIRED THAT YOU VACATE THE PREMISES. NO HOLDOVERS SHALL BE ALLOWED BEYOND THE TERMINATION TIME AND DATE UNLESS SPECIFICALLY NEGOTIATED WITH THREE PALMS VACATION RENTALS AND A NEW RESERVATION AND ITS TERM IS CONFIRMED IN WRITING. LATE DEPARTURES WILL BE SUBJECT TO A $ 50.00 PER HOUR FEE CHARGED DIRECTLY TO THE CREDIT CARD ON FILE COMMENCING AT THE 10:00 A.M. TERMINATION. FURTHERMORE GUESTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO FEES, CHARGES AND EVEN EVICTION PROCEEDINGS IF THEY FAIL TO HONOR THE TERMS, FEES AND
RENTAL TERM TERMINATION DATES DISCLOSED, HEREIN.
Rental term __________________________
Unit _______________Reserv. #_______ Total Price $__________
Arrival Date _________________________Departure Date_____________
Signature: ___________________________ , has reviewed and accepted the rules and terms contained in all 7 pages of this agreement.
LEAVE IN BOX IF CHECKING-IN AFTER HOURS