Rental Policies – Rules and Regulations
Thank you for choosing Three Palms Vacation Rentals and one of our wonderful vacation properties during your visit to our area. We strive on behalf of our Property Owners and our Guests to make your vacation a special experience. Upon entering the property you will find sundry items to get you started and to say “ Thank you for coming and for your business”. We strive to make certain your stay is just as you imagined and hopefully a little more than you have experienced other places and through other companies. We have tried to include some information on local attractions, restaurants, activities and more in your Welcome Package. Do not hesitate to contact us during our regular office hours, Monday – Friday between 8:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M CST at 251-980-7256 if you need some “local” advice or assistance. We are pleased you have chosen to visit our beautiful island and are confident your stay will be a memorable and enjoyable one.
*******Please note: Three Palms Vacation Rentals ‘ cancellation policy does not provide refunds for unexpected developments such as illnesses, mandatory hurricane evacuations or similar events that will effect your reservation. Three Palms strongly suggests that you purchase trip insurance for your reservation.
Below you will find the rules and regulations for our guests to insure our properties, our guests and future guests receive the best service possible:
CHECK-IN TIME IS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 3:00 P.M. TO 5:00 P.M. CST AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10:00 A.M. CST. Check-in after 5:00 P.M. CST must be arranged in advance.
- Where to find us: Our office is located at 24566 Perdido Beach Blvd. in Orange Beach, Alabama. We are west of the Winn Dixie shopping center across from Adventure Island. We are on the beach side between Tradewinds Condominium and the Seaside Beach & Racquet Club.
- All units are NON SMOKING .
- Pets are not permitted in rental properties under ANY circumstances.
- Three Palms Vacation Rentals will not rent to vacationing students or singles under the age of 25 unless ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT GUARDIAN OR PARENT. NO FRATERNITIES, SORORITIES OR HOUSE PARTIES WILL BE PERMITTED.
- RESERVATION – Your credit card will be on file and shall serve as protection against damage. Guests will incur no damage expense provided the following provisions are met:
- No damage is done to the unit, property or the contents beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents, fees or services rendered during the guest’s stay.
- All keys are returned on departure to the Three Palms office. LOST KEYS OR KEYS NOT RETURNED will be charged to your credit card on file at a rate of $ 25.00 per key. **LOCK OUTS after hours or service calls to access a guest to a property after check-in will be billed at $ 50.00 per occurrence and deducted from card on file.
- All charges incurred for and during the guest’s stay are paid on or prior to departure.
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- The guests are not evicted by the Owner, the Owner’s representative, the local law enforcement or security company for the property or unit’s Condominium Association.
- In the event of any damage caused, misuse, abuse, loss or theft, the guest will be held liable and their credit card will be charged an additional amount to compensate the owner for their loss(es). Guests may be liable for additional charges and/or prosecution dependent on the nature of the incident. If upon check-in you find any damage or items in disrepair please contact Three Palms at 251-980-7256 immediately to report it.
- An advance payment of $ 200.00 is required at booking and to confirm your reservation. The advance payment will be applied toward the property rental unpaid balance. PLEASE MAKE PAYMENTS IN THE FORM OF CREDIT CARD, (we accept VISA, MASTERCARD AND DISCOVER), MONEY ORDER, CASHIER’S CHECK, TRAVELER’S CHECK, PERSONAL CHECK MADE TO THREE PALMS VACATION RENTALS (IF RECEIVED 30 DAYS OR MORE PRIOR TO CHECK-IN) . The advance payment is NOT a damage deposit.
The BALANCE OF THE RENTAL FEE IS DUE NOT LATER THAN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM YOUR ARRIVAL DATE FOR CONDOMINIUMS AND NOT LATER THAN SIXTY (60) DAYS FOR HOUSES AND SIXTY (60) DAYS FOR MONTHLY RENTALS FOR THE FIRST MONTH.
- At time of booking you will be offered Trip Interruption Insurance from Red Sky Insurance company that will cover your refund of paid funds in case of illness or weather related interruptions to your stay. If you deny coverage at booking, it can be put in before your final payment is made 30 days before arrival. If you do not have the insurance policy on your reservation then there will be no refunds.
- Rates are subject to change before the rental is paid in full
- CANCELLATIONS – Advanced notice as detailed in the following, is required for cancellation of confirmed reservations. Cancellations that are made more than THIRTY (30) DAYS FOR CONDOMINIUMS or more than SIXTY (60) DAYS FOR A HOUSE prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty and all deposits shall be refunded (less the $35.00 non-refundable processing fee if paid with cash, $ 45.00 if you charged your deposit) Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay that are made within THIRTY (30) DAYS FOR CONDOMINIUMS or within SIXTY (60) DAYS FOR A HOUSE of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment reservation deposit including taxes and fees. MONTHLY rentals guests must cancel or make changes that result in a shortened stay not later than SIXTY (60) DAYS prior to check in/arrival date. Cancellations or changes to MONTHLY rentals that result in a shortened stay that are made within SIXTY (60) days of the check-in/arrival date forfeit the full advance payment. Cancellations or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. NO SHOWS will result in 100% forfeiture of any prepayment received.
- Upon cancellation you will receive a Cancellation Confirmation Number. DO NOT only send a letter, email or leave a message and assume your reservation has been cancelled. BE CERTAIN you receive a Cancellation Confirmation from Three Palms to insure your reservation is cancelled and your refund will be processed accordingly.
- MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS – Monthly guests must cancel sixty (60) days prior to check-in/arrival date. Monthly guests who make a change that results in a shortened stay must notify Three Palms not later than sixty (60) days prior to check-in/arrival.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests per property is noted in each property description. This number is strictly enforced in order to prevent unnecessary wear and tear on the property and to insure a comfortable stay for our guests. Following are maximum guest occupancy, unless otherwise noted in the property description:
- Efficiency units: Maximum of 2 guests
- 1 Bedroom: Maximum of 4 guests (Note: some may sleep 6, see “property description”)
- 2 bedroom: Maximum of 6 guests
- 3 bedroom: Maximum of 6-8 guests
- 4 bedroom: Maximum of 8-10 guests
- Homes: based upon accommodations the maximum occupancy shall be noted in the “property description”.
- MINIMUM STAYS – Minimum stay periods will be noted in property description and vary based upon season. One (1) week minimums will be typical for peak summer and holiday periods.
- INCLUSIVE FEES: A one- time cleaning and departure fee was added to your quoted rate. Any property amenities noted in property description would be included in the rental fee. Washers and dryers are available in all units unless specified in the “property description”. A “starter” laundry detergent is provided. LOCAL CALLS are FREE. Long distance calls must be made collect, via credit card or calling card. Most long distance providers will charge a nominal access fee. Some properties are equipped with internet service. Check the “Property Description” and details to determine if this service is available in your selected property. Dial up service, and in most cases wireless service, can be arranged through a local internet service provider for a fee. We will be happy to provide you with the information at your request. Many locations in town offer WiFi as an alternative.
- Baby items such as high chairs, cribs and baby beds are not provided unless, otherwise note in the “Property Description” and details. We can provide you the name local businesses that rent such items and will deliver and pick up from your property. In most cases sheets for the baby beds and cribs are not provided so we suggest you bring them along.
- NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – Linens and bath towels are included in the property to accommodate the maximum number of occupants. Daily maid service and additional sundries are not included. We suggest you BRING BEACH TOWELS as we would ask no linens or towels be removed from the property (*lost or damaged towels and linens will be charged to rental guest’s credit card upon departure.
- ALABAMA FIRE CODE PREVENTS THE USAGE OF CHARCOAL GRILLS ON ANY BALCONIES OR PATIOS. FIREWORKS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AT ALL PROPERTIES.
- RATE CHANGES – Rates are subject to change without notice until a reservation is paid in full.
- FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation made or obtained under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental monies received, and the party will be denied check-in and access to the property.
- WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – It is our goal for your stay and experience with us to be perfect and we will make every effort to insure that happens. We realize unexpected and/or uncontrollable things do occur, therefore, any exceptions to the above mentioned policies may be considered and must be approved in writing in advance.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – It is often better to be safe rather than sorry. For our guests we do offer Travel Insurance through RedSky Travel Protection for a VERY AFFORDABLE additional fee to protect you in instances where the unexpected and/or uncontrollable may occur. Ask us if you would like more information about this or learn more here.
- PROPERTY DAMAGE INSURANCE -This Vacation Rental Damage plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $ 1500.00. Any damages that exceed $ 1500.00 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $ 1500.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request Property Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Three Palms Vacation Rentals any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Three Palms Vacation Rentals directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment, they will tell you about substituting a $ 1500 check for the policy in place
- REFUNDS – Refunds will only be issued for cancellations occurring outside of the detailed cancellation date ranges. NO REFUNDS are issued for cancellations or early departures for weather, Acts of God or personal circumstances inside the cancellation date ranges. Guests may qualify for a full refund through a travel insurance policy issued by RedSky Travel Protection.
- PARKING-PARKING PASSES – Each Condominium Association has rules and restrictions regulating the number of cars/parking passes allowable per reservation. Note: We unfortunately cannot guarantee available parking space during peak weekends or holidays. There is also a fee for the passes charged to the Guest and is noted in your total quoted reservation price. Parking passes are provided with your check- in package. Only two (2) passes are allowed per property, unless otherwise specified for certain properties or during special holidays or events. Guests must display the parking pass on the rear-view mirror or on the dash board of their vehicle at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of the vehicle by the Association or Association’s security at the guest’s expense. Please leave the parking passes with the keys in the key return box at the Three Palms office upon departure. The drop box is available at the office for your quick convenience. Houses do not require parking passes though some properties may lie within neighborhoods requiring a special pass or gate code which we will provide in your check-in package. Prohibitions and Limitations-Boats, trailers, campers, jet skis and recreational vehicles are prohibited in most condominiums. There are exceptions with some waterfront properties offering limited boat, RV or trailer parking. Please check the description of the property or contact us for more information regarding specific properties with this amenity. We will also assist you in locating parking for your boat or trailer if you let us know in advance.
- It is our goal to maintain each property we manage in top physical and mechanical condition. We will make every effort to insure your stay is enjoyable and more than you expected, however, we cannot make any guarantees to the mechanical failure of appliances, HVAC, televisions, audio equipment, etc. We will work diligently to correct the problem if one does arise, though there will be NO REFUNDS OR DISCOUNTS MADE FOR MECHANICAL FAILURES.
- In this market at any given time a property may be listed for sale. From time to time during your stay it MAY be necessary for the property to be shown to prospective purchasers. We will notify you in advance of the “FOR SALE” status of the property and make every effort to schedule any showing at your convenience. No prospects will be granted access during you stay without a licensed Alabama Real Estate agent accompanying them.
- GUESTS ACKNOWLEDGE THEY ARE BOUND BY AND MUST OBEY ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR EACH PROPERTY AND ASSOCIATION.
- RENTERS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROPERTY OWNER AND THREE PALMS VACATION RENTALS , THE AGENT, OF ANY INJURY, ANY DAMAGES TO THE PREMISES OR PERSONAL PROPERTY RESULTING DURING THE RENTER’S OCCUPANCY OF THE PROPERTY. IF DAMAGE DOES OCCUR DURING THE TERM OF THE RENTER’S OCCUPANCY, THE REGISTERED GUEST WILL BE LIABLE FOR SAID DAMAGE(S) AND ALL COSTS FOR SUCH DAMAGE(S) WILL BE CHARGED TO THE GUEST’S CREDIT CARD ON FILE. THE PROPERTY OWNER NOR THREE PALMS VACATION RENTALS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, ACCIDENTS, LOSS OR THEFT THAT MAY OCCUR DURING THE RENTER’S OCCUPANCY OF THE PROPERTY.
All keys are returned on departure to the Three Palms office. LOST KEYS OR KEYS NOT RETURNED will be charged to your credit card on file at a rate of $ 25.00 per key.
At check-in you will sign a letter like this one below that you acknowledge and agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RENTAL CONFIRMATION NOTES THE DATE OF YOUR CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT. AT 10:00 A.M. ON THE DATE OF CHECK-OUT YOUR RENTAL AGREEMENT’S TERM SHALL BE DEEMED TERMINATED AND IT IS REQUIRED THAT YOU VACATE THE PREMISES. NO HOLDOVERS SHALL BE ALLOWED BEYOND THE TERMINATION TIME AND DATE UNLESS SPECIFICALLY NEGOTIATED WITH THREE PALMS VACATION RENTALS AND A NEW RESERVATION AND ITS’ TERM IS CONFIRMED IN WRITING. LATE DEPARTURES WILL BE SUBJECT TO A $ 50.00 PER HOUR FEE CHARGED DIRECTLY TO THE CREDIT CARD ON FILE COMMENCING AT THE 10:00 A.M. TERMINATION. FURTHERMORE GUESTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO FEES, CHARGES AND EVEN EVICTION PROCEEDINGS IF THEY FAIL TO HONOR THE TERMS, FEES AND RENTAL TERM TERMINATION DATES DISCLOSED, HEREIN.
Unit_________________Res. # ____ Total Price __________
Signature: ___________________________ , has reviewed and accepted the rules and terms contained in all 7 pages of this agreement.