With Valentine’s Day just about a month away, it’s time to start looking and booking activities that will bring you and your special someone closer. Sure, romantic walks on the beach are nice, trying a new restaurant is sure to be on the list but what if it’s rainy or cold? What if by some fluke, the restaurant you want to go to is full…then what?
Gulf Shores and Orange Beach provide several wonderful alternatives to the normal ‘Lovers Holiday’ itinerary.
Top Five Things to Do on Valentine’s Day
1. Sea Kayaking – Many companies in and around the Gulf Shores and Orange Beach area provide kayak rentals and tours. How about watching the dolphins play or the sun set from your own private water vessel along side your best friend.
2. Sailing – If sailing is on your bucket list make it a romantic one. Orange Beach Sailing Charters provide many different options for your sailing adventure!
3. A Couples Massage – Remember why you fell in love in the first place. A couples massage is the perfect way to spend a few hours together or end a romantic vacation. Take the plunge and call any one of the local spas throughout Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
4. Take a Pottery Class – The Coastal Arts Center can create a class just for you. Have fun, laugh together and leave with something to remember this day forever.
5. Bike the Backcountry – With seven trails along 15 miles of gorgeous Gulf Coast, rent a bike and cruise side by side exploring the six different ecosystems in and around the area.
Whatever activity you choose, enjoy each other and your time together! Be sure to check out our vacation rentals section to find the perfect condo or home for romantic escape to the coast!